Life 2.0

Friday, May 12, 2006

Most useful web services

The last couple of months have seen a new web service launch virtually every day. Anyone and everyone seems to be jumping the web 2.0 bandwagon and offering a better, faster, more powerful alternative to the other application that release last week. But how useful are all these services?

Here's my list of applications that I have found useful in my day-to-day life and that I use regularly. I've tried alternatives to most of these, but have eventually returned because these offer me the best toolset for my requirements.

Productivity
Homepage - Netvibes
Calendar - Google Calendar
Task management - Remember the milk

Communication
e-Mail - Gmail
IM - Meebo

Information Management
Bookmarks - Del.icio.us, Diigo
Photos - Flickr

Document management

Storage - Box.net
Documents - Zoho Writer
Spreadsheets - iRows
Presentations - Thumbstacks
Office suite - Thinkfree

Entertainment
Video - YouTube
Games - Miniclip

Feel free to add your list in the comments. I may have (rather I HAVE) missed out some better, faster, more powerful ones, and would be more than happy to append them to my list and my life!

Update (26 May 2006): Added Diigo to bookmarks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home