Life 2.0

Thursday, May 04, 2006

FeedBlendr

Over the last few months, the number of RSS feeds I subscribe to has grown multi-fold. The tabbed pages feature in Netvibes came as a life-saver last month as it allowed me to manage my feeds better than the one humongous page that my homepage originally was. But even with the organized tabs it started getting very difficult to keep track of all the feed boxes lying around. One of my favorite features in Protopage has been it's ability to have a number of feeds subscribed to inside a single box. Something I was looking forward to in Netvibes.

Recently I found a great way to do just that. FeedBlendr does just one simple thing and does it well. It blends multiple RSS feeds together and gives you a single feed that you can subscribe to. Subscribe to this new RSS feed and all updates to any of the feeds in it's list show up in your feed reader (a Netvibes box, in my case). Want to add more feeds to the list, just add them and the originally compiled feed together and you're done. Not interested in a set, just unsubscribe to the feed. Compiled feeds not accessed for more than a month are automatically deleted from FeedBlendr's servers.

FeedBlendr is not without it's share of annoyances - the inability to go back and edit a list of feeds topping the list - but they remain mere annoyances and never come into the way of the basic solution the service provides. A life-saver for many like me who prefer to group related new feeds together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home