Life 2.0

Monday, May 08, 2006

Online task management

Techcrunch's Frank Gruber has published a round-up of five online to-do lists and concluded that 37signals' Ta-da list tops the charts. The reviewed services also included Bla bla list, Tudu list, Remember the milk & Voo2do.

I do not agree so much with Frank's opinion. I've tried all of these services and got rid of all but remember the milk in no time. For me remember the milk provides the most complete package of features in a neat and usable package. I've been using it for daily task management for a few months now and it has undoubtedly helped me organize my life better.

The ability to add various sorts of metadata to tasks, including estimated time & multiple notes is a huge advantage. The ability to repeat tasks at scheduled intervals ("Pay credit card cheque by the fifth of every month") and track how many times a task has been postponed is an added bonus. I also love the fact that the entire interface is keyboard driven - from creating a task to adding metadata to navigating across task lists, everything has a keyboard shortcut. There are also search-criterion-based smart tabs, which let you view your task lists based on specific parameters. I, for example, have two smart tabs for "This week" & "Today".

Overall, I can safely say that Remember the milk has transformed the way I organize my life!

2 Comments:

At 5:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You have given here Simple legend & outstanding post Very thankful Of this informative post todo list

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home